Being a generation of early 80’s, I was always inclined towards visiting the real destinations of #Mahabharat (written by Maharishi Vedvyas). My search took me to #Kurukshetra in 1995 when I was 13. What all I could then understand and see was the blood-mixed red soil, vastly expanded ground where the battle was fought between ‘Kauravas’ and ‘Pandavas’ and an endless water body called #BrahmaSarovar. But my 2019 visit took me to the place where the initiations of Mahabharat (pre-battle rituals) were performed by Pandavas i.e. Shri Devikoop Bhadrakali Shaktipeeth. I am elaborating here a few of my best inputs about Shri Devikoop Bhadrakali Shaktipeeth in Kurukshetra, Haryana :
Fast facts of Shri Devikoop Bhadrakali Shaktipeeth :
1. Shri Devikoop Bhadrakali Shaktipeeth in Kurukshetra, is the only Shaktipeeth of Goddess ‘Sati’ in the state of #Haryana.
2. This is one of the 52 worldwide Shaktipeeth of Goddess Sati.
3. The right leg (Gulf)of Goddess ‘Sati’ was deliberately cut and dropped here by Lord Vishnu in order to pacify Lord Shiva who was seeking revenge of her wife ‘Sati’
4. The right leg of Goddess Sati created a ‘Koop’ (Well) here, the depth of which can never be measured humanly.
5. The right leg (Gulf) is established over here for worship.
6. ‘Mundan’ (the very first hair-cut of a child) of Lord Krishna and Balrama was performed here.
7. #Pandavas performed a ‘Yagna’ here to be blessed with Victory over #Kauravas.
8. Though #Pandavas were less in numbers against the mighty ‘Narayani Sena’ (Kauravas’ army) they managed to win the battle of Mahabharat due to their visit and prayer at Shri Devikoop Bhadrakali Shaktipeeth.
9. Pandavas offered ‘Horses’ to Shri Devikoop Bhadrakali Shaktipeeth as a token of their gratitude.
10. The authenticated #Chakravyuha used by Kauravas is depicted here with measured diagram.
How to reach :
By Air :
Nearest Airport : Karnal Airport approximately 45 Kms.